Welcome to Nubble Light in coastal York, Maine. York offers a variety of hotel, motel, inn, bed and breakfast and rental options. York also offers a wide range of restaurants for any budget and any occasion. As you enter Sohier Park from Nubble Rd you will immediately see Nubble Light sitting atop the large rock island a few hundred feet off shore. Visitors are welcome to the park year round for excellent views, painting, photographing, scuba diving, fishing and relaxing. Our small gift shop and restroom facilities are open seasonally from mid April thru mid October (weather dependent) and offers parking for approximately 60 vehicles. Please visit the York Chamber of Commerce for more information on lodging and dining options while visiting http://www.gatewaytomaine.org
Weddings: For information on “Weddings“, please see our online brochure below.
Benches and Memorials: We no longer accept memorials or benches at Sohier Park or Nubble Light. The Master Plan involves relocating many existing benches and memorials. If you would like to send us your Name, Address, Phone etc. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the list. Should we resume benches and memorials in the future we will send out a mailing to all interested folks.
Below is a short list of things to enjoy and expect on your visit.
- Nubble Light Gift Shop is open seven days per week from 9:00am – 4:00pm from mid April through Mid May and seven days per week from 9:00am – 7:00pm from mid May through late October
- Wedding Info, click here for our brochure
- Large parking lot
- Tour buses welcome
- Lots of great scuba diving (not on Sundays)
- Exceptional photography and views
- Bring a picnic lunch
- Seasonal restroom facilities and water fountain
- Dogs welcome, must be leashed
- Island is not accessible to the public
- Keep an eye out for Great Black Backed Gulls, Herring Gulls, Double Crested Cormorants, Sun Fish and Harbor Seals
Last modified: March 26, 2018